Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ship without a rudder

So I wrote this post once before, but it didn't save, sadly.  Here's the idea: A ship without a rudder can't direct its self.  The ship can coast, the ship can move along with the current, drift.  Right now, I've realized that I'm like that ship without a rudder.  In my case, my rudder is goals, and sadly, I'm pretty short on those right now. So it's time to post some goals, and time to make them public.  Time to put a big old rudder on this ship.
(Photo Courteous the WWW)


So here's a few areas where my ship has been drifting, and the rudder I can use to correct the errors:

I'm Fat.  Sadly, I've reached obese proportions.  No sympathy "oh, no your not's" on here please.  This is about getting better, improving, becoming superior.  So I'll lay it out on the table: I weigh 226.8 lbs, for my height  of 5'10" I should be between 139 and 174.  That's a BMI of 32 folks, and above 30 is obese, this is sad for a former nutrition major.  Anyway, here's were I'm going with this: I'm terrible at regular exercise right now, and my eating, while not the worst, is still awful.  So here's what I'm going to do:

Train for the Tough Mudder this April following their training guidelines.
I will keep a log of my exercises - times and dates, exercises completed.  
I will set aside time for said exercises - perhaps my biggest hang up has been this
No more sweets
No more fast food
No more soda - diet or otherwise
Limit meat intake to under 4 meals a week
No more bread
No snack foods other than fruit or vegetables - sorry gold fish and crackers, you're just for the baby
I will also be logging my progress on Weight Watchers, and be faithful and serious about keeping up with the program.

Goal number two: My scripture study has been spotty, and that needs to change.  I'll be doing a better job at this by doing the following.

I will wake up 30 minutes earlier and study before the baby wakes up
I will keep a journal of my study
I will study the Sunday school lesson for the upcoming week
This will be fluid as I will probably change my topic of study occasionally

Goal number 3: I'm way too addicted to television, and would like to be more cultured:

Read one book a month
Read one classic a year (I'm sorry, but I like to mix it up)
Limit television viewing to a few hours a week 
Attend one concert a year
Attend at least one theater production a year


So. That's a start. I'll add others to the list.  I will also update often on here.  Almost anything is more often than what I've been doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment