"The Superior Man" by Benjamin M. Woodson, states: This characteristic, this ability of the exceptional man to make one of the surest and most meaningful marks of the superior man, is his ability to make himself obey his own commandments. This thought has always stuck with me, even though I haven't really always followed its precepts. This is an attempt for me to think through, write out, and share my experience in trying to become the Superior Man.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Ragnar in less than 3 months
The 2010 Washington DC Ragnar Relay is coming up in September, on the 24th and 25th. It's a relay of twelve runners, each running 3 legs of a 36 leg race, spanning close to 194 miles. We'll start running in Cumberland, Maryland, and finish at National Harbor in Washington, DC. I'm pretty excited, because it seems like something that will be pretty epic, 12 people running for 24 hours or more, and straight through, no let downs or anything, just relay running. I think it will be awesome. The tough part is the training, but then it always is. It's hard to stay motivated, to want to go out into the hot weather, but it's all about planning ahead so that I don't have to run in our hot and humid weather. I'll be running late today, hopefully while it's raining. I love the warm Virginia rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment