Most importantly, however, is my social change. My wife and I found out that we are going to have a baby girl! I'm so excited. We've been wanting children for quite some time, and we are so happy to be in this position. I can't wait to hold her and feed her, to sing to her and carry her around. I know things are going to be hard; babies aren't easy, but I've been ready to go for a long time. It's weird to think that I'm going to be a dad, but there it is. There has been a lot of prayer about this, and I know my Father in Heaven has heard my prayers.
"The Superior Man" by Benjamin M. Woodson, states: This characteristic, this ability of the exceptional man to make one of the surest and most meaningful marks of the superior man, is his ability to make himself obey his own commandments. This thought has always stuck with me, even though I haven't really always followed its precepts. This is an attempt for me to think through, write out, and share my experience in trying to become the Superior Man.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
A long time
I can't believe it's been almost a year since I posted on this thing. So much for good intentions. I've run the Ragnar Relay in DC with my wife and some close friends. It took a lot of training, but it was a lot of fun. Since then, I kind of went down hill in all of my training. I've gained weight. I've studied a lot. I've taken a lot of tests. Lots of my rhythm for training was lost in rotation, i.e.- I was gone on lots of rotations for school, and couldn't get in as much exercise, and my meals were crap, delicious, fatty crap. But we ran the 10k again this year, and it was fun and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Insanity workout program. One of my buddies did that, and he looks way fit and trim, so I want to try it. So that's the basic physical change of my past year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment